Visiting Vietnam and The Mekong Delta.
Taking a self guided tour of Vietnam starting off at Hanoi and going south down the coast before travelling deep into the The Mekong Delta.
Bordered by Cambodia, Laos and China, Vietnam (The Socialist Republic of Vietnam) is one of Indochina's most populated countries with a population of over 90 million - and seemingly
everyone in the country owns a moped or motorbike. Although Vietnam is a communist country there is little obvious sign of military or governmental strict controls about where you can go too certainly as far as tourists are concerned etc. as can often
be seen in for instance North Korea. On the contrary in Vietnam everybody and "everything" seemed as free and open as can be found in for example Cambodia or
other "westernised" countries. The Vietnamese people were just simply friendly and helpful and always seemed happy to see us tourists wandering around even if we probably did at times get in the way. Vietnam is remakably easy to travel and tour around with good transport options and this makes touring the country a particularly good option for anyone thinking of taking a self-guided
holiday there. And Vietnam really is a beautiful country - rivers, lakes, coastline, temples and just general scenery. The huge and extremely happy Buddha on the right was spotted at the beautiful Vinh Trang Pagoda which is located in the Mekong Delta town of My Tho.
Hanoi and trips and places to go too around and from the City.
- Hanoi Vietnam Travel and Touring Guide and Photos
- Hanoi hotels and restaurants in The Old Quarter i.e. where to stay, Hoan Kiem Lake, Den Ngoc Son Temple, markets, photos.
- Hanoi Vietnam Sightseeing Guide and Photos
- Visting Bach Ma Temple, Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Tran Quoc Pagoda, Temple of Literature, Presidential Palace, Long Bien Bridge
- Visiting Tram Gian Pagoda, Tay Phuong Pagoda, Thay Pagoda in Vietnam
- Looking round Tay Phuong Pagoda, Thay Pagoda, Tram Gian Pagoda (Tien Lu Pagoda) on a daytrip from Hanoi, Vietnam, Photos.
- Going for a Cruise at Halong Bay in Vietnam
- Ha Long Bay cruise - daytrip from Hanoi and visiting Halong Bay, Bay of Tonkin, down into Hang Thien Cung caves, pictures.
- Visiting The Perfume Pagoda in Vietnam
- Going to visit The Perfume Pagoda which is on the Fragrant Vestige Mountain, a sampan ride on The Suoi Yen River in Vietnam.
- Day trip to visit Tam Coc in Vietnam
- Going to Tam Coc - taking a sampan ride through the caves and between the hills, also visiting Hoa Lu Temples in Vietnam.
Hue City in Vietnam.
- Hue Vietnam Travel and Touring Guide
- Visiting Hue, sightseeing guides, photos and things to see and do while visiting the old Vietnamese Imperial City of Hue.
- Touring Hue Citadel and ruins in Vietnam
- Visiting Hue Citadel and the old Hue Imperial City looking at the beautiful old buildings, citadel walls, moat, lovely Gates.
- Visiting The Nguyen Emperors Royal Tombs at Hue Vietnam
- Looking round the Nguyen Emperors Royal Tombs in Hue - Tu Duc Tomb, Minh Mang and Khai Dinh's Tomb, Garden House.
- Hue Cycle Rides to Pagodas, Temples and Thuan An Beach in Vietnam
- Cycling trips at Hue visiting Thien Mu Pagoda, Hue Royal Arena, Tu Hieu Pagoda, Thuan An Beach, cycling around rice fields.
Hoi An in Vietnam.
- Hoi An Vietnam travel and touring guide and photos
- Visiting Hoi An, getting there, things to do and see, japanese covered bridge, merchants houses, pagodas, temples.
- Bike Rides to beaches and local countryside in Hoi An
- Nice bicycle rides at Hoi An, visiting An Bang Beach, Cau Dai Beach, a temple, Cam Nam Island rice fields, countryside.
- Visiting the My Son Cham Towers in Vietnam
- A day trip to see the beautiful My Son Cham Towers and Temples - with pictures. The temples are easily reached from Hoi An.
Nha Trang and Da Lat in Vietnam.
- Nha Trang Vietnam Touring and Travel Guide
- Visiting Nha Trang, going to Long Son Pagoda, reclining Buddha, Po Nagar Cham Towers - Nha Trang beaches, things to see.
- Visiting Po Klong Garai Cham Towers in Vietnam
- The Po Klong Garai Cham Towers - looking round three old Cham Temples which are near Prang Rang and Thap Cham, Vietnam.
- Dalat Vietnam Travel and Touring Guide
- Ways of travelling to Da Lat, restaurants and hotels, places to see - Xuan Huong Lake, Vuon Hoa Thanh Pho Da Lat gardens.
- Da Lat Pagodas and Temples to visit
- Visiting Linh Phong Pagoda, Thien Vuong Pagoda, Thien Vuong Temple and a train to see Linh Phuoc Pagoda in Dalat, Vietnam.
Saigon - Ho Chi Minh City - in Vietnam.
The Mekong River and Mekong Delta in Vietnam.
- Mekong Delta Touring and Travel Guide for Vietnam
- Touring the Mekong Delta Vietnam, Mekong River boat trips, fishing villages, restaurants, hotels, getting around the Mekong.
- My Tho Vietnam Travel and Touring Guide
- My Tho is located deep in Vietnam's Mekong Delta, things to do and see, where to stay, restaurants, bike rides at My Tho.
- Visiting the gorgeous Vinh Trang Pagoda at My Tho
- The lovely Vinh Trang Pagoda at My Tho in Vietnam - cycling out too and looking round this beautiful Pagoda - photos.
- Sampan trip onto the Mekong River at My Tho
- A sampan trip into the mangroves and swamps of the Mekong River - visiting Unicorn Island, My Tho Coconut Monk Temple.
- Vinh Long Vietnam Touring and Travel guide
- Vinh Long - visiting The Mekong Delta town of Vinh Long, buses, hotels, restaurants, photos, things to do there.
- Visiting Cai Be Floating Market and other trips at Vinh Long
- Boat trip to see Cai Be Floating Market, visiting Bonsai Gardens at Vinh Long, Cycling on An Binh Island, Mekong Delta, Vietnam
- Can Tho Touring and Travel guide
- Visiting Can Tho which is in The Mekong Delta in Vietnam - buses, flights, car and driver, restaurants and hotels in Can Tho.
- Chau Doc travel and touring guide
- About getting between Can Tho, Chau Doc and Phnom Penh (The Mekong River) plus Chau Doc restaurants and hotels.
- Chau Doc Pagodas and Temples to look round
- Visiting Ba Chua Xu Temple, Tay An Pagoda and going up Sam Mountain which is just outside of Chau Doc.
Countries which are easily reached (i.e. by direct flight or boat) from Vietnam if on a Far East Tour:
More destinations for which we have travel and holiday guides are for India, New Zealand, Egypt, Cyprus, lots of Greek Islands, The Algarve and several Canary Islands
Also many Topics about England - Wild Flowers, National Trail Walks, Churches plus quite a few canals including The Kennet and Avon Canal, The Oxford Canal, The Grand Union Canal, The Regents Canal - also two rivers (the Lee and Stort) and about walking The Thames Path.
Please visit our Resources Page